Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Lists!

Because I'm usually in such a somber reflective mood when I write my entries, I've decided to do something different today: behold, I declare that it is FLUFF day, when everybody can write as much fluff as they want!

Things that make me smile:

1. The lyrics of My Chemical Romance's "Welcome to the Black Parade"
Have you ever googled the lyrics? See how in the second verse, the lyrics are all in CAPS eg.
WHEN I WAS A YOUNG BOY
MY FATHER TOOK ME INTO THE CITY
TO SEE A MARCHING BAND
HE SAID SON WHEN YOU GROW UP
WILL YOU BE THE SAVIOUR OF THE BROKEN
THE BEATEN AND THE DAMNED?????!!!!!!!!!!
Angry angry angst angst set in rhyme. It's got a beat you can shake your dreadlocks to. I like it.

2. Meatloaf the singer. Need I say more?

3. Infusers (my home youth group) Because I love them so much, and sometimes they're so lame you can't help but smile. Or else, you'd cry.

4. Prospect of breakfast in the middle of morning block (our 7.30am class BEFORE breakfast).

5. Better yet, FREE morning blocks.

6. Letters! By letters I don't mean bills and advertisements, but real letters written by people and full of news and updates. Though I rarely ever get them now, probably because I don't send any...

7. Kittens.

8. Chocolate cake.

9. Remembering something funny you did or said a month or year or 3 years ago. Time only makes good memories better.

10. A warm bed. (especially since I'm experiencing my first winter and my fingers are never warm)

You may notice in this list I didn't include the perpetual "God, family, friends" list. That's because those are so much more important to me that it doesn't just make me smile, it is the foundation of my security and identity. It makes me smile deep inside though.

No comments: