Sunday, January 13, 2008

Without Vision, the people Perish

I understand the meaning of that sentence a little bit better now...

I have an infection in my right eye, it started yesterday when I wore my contact lens even though my right eye felt kind of uncomfotable, then I went out and throughout the day I felt quite uncomfortable on and off. At night, when I removed my contact lens, my right eye was a bit red and uncomfortable. Later on, it become more uncomfortable and it was hard to keep both eyes open.

To cut a long story short, the next day it became worse and the eyesight in my right eye is cloudy. I can hardly see anything, just blurs of colour. For example, the laptop screen is a blur of whiteness. I went to a doctor today, he prescribed antibacterial eye drops and it should get better in a few days at the most.

It's quite scary to not be able to see. Sight is something very important to all of us and we rely on it every waking moment to orientate our life, but we hardly ever appreciate it until it becomes threatened.

So, treasure your eyesight, and remember to take care of yourself! I'm going to sleep, better not strain it anymore.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ooh freaky. i've been having red eyes too due to lack of sleep. rest thy peepers well banjo!