Wednesday, May 2, 2007

A hopeful beginning!

Finally a name that is not already been colonised!

I admit that, for a species that prides itself on making one-of-a-kind specimens, we tend to have the same ideas. The same inspirations. The same corny ideas to use as blog names after which they are abandoned after two posts read by none other by the blogger and his/her cat.

Anyway, I have no particular 'theme' for this blog. I don't want it to be the usual, humdrum, 'yeah man, this is my sucky life' kind of tell-all blog. And yet I'm not quite at the intellectual plateau where blogs have been shaped to become well-oiled media machines that function as powerful opinion-shapers and forums for public discussion and debate.

So I guess I'll take it as we go along.

If you're here for the first time, I welcome you. Sit down in a nice chair, close your eyes and imagine a steaming hot cup of teh tarik in front of you. Order some kaya toast with butter too, if you like. And we'll talk like old friends. Or rather, I'll talk and you can give comments.

Crossing my fingers and hoping my fervor can outlast the two-post probationary stage,
The tea-puller.

No comments: