Monday, August 31, 2009

Half and half

It's interesting that the more grounded and self-confident you try to be, the less people go out of their way to help you when you're trying to settle in. Some assume that because you speak good English you can handle all your affairs, you probably have relatives around for emergencies or whatever, and you're left to settle everything on your own. It's true, I guess: you can cope. But wouldn't it be nice if someone worried that you couldn't.

And wouldn't it be nice if you were dried and clean-cut, or at least, a little more simple: that your life was not a identity patched with different nationalities or countries lived in, a melange of cultures, a melting pot of languages, an indecipherable patterned Impressionist painting when it comes to your preferences and lifestyle. Yes, perhaps if we were all the same life would be boring. But standing out gets my feet tired.

3 comments:

winnayoe said...

Many nights in my room i wonder. wouldn't it be nice if someone would come and knock on the door and ask, how are you doing? wouldn't it be nice for someone to care for me like how I care about them. I do agree with what you said about being self-confident and grounded...but then i think. I don't need anyone's sympathy anyways. Why would they care? Why should they?

Everyone is trying to impress certain people, to be stereotyped as the cool people. In the end, they all conformed, they don't mind being pretentious as long as they get people's attention. That was why i didn't want to go back.

Guess there isn't much I can do to help since I'm in HK :( But do remember I'm always here for you and I love you a lot because you're not one of them. (I do mean what i say, not like those i love u, i miss u wallposts ppl write on fb or say when they see u in the canteen)

If you want someone to listen, I'm right here :)

winnayoe said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
winnayoe said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.