Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Ouch


Sometimes, you don't realise how important, how essential a part of you is until it goes out of action.


For example, your ankle. It's a lowly protruding bone somewhere down there, near the dust...but do you know how much it does for you? It stabilises you, helps you twist and turn and dance and play, takes the weight of your body and so much more. You should really appreciate it, because it's not fun when BOTH your ankles are out of action.


Like moi.


The first one I sprained was during a netball match about two weeks ago. It was getting better - I even danced a bit during Latin American Cultural Evening! And then, today I went to a netball match again...not really because I want to play but because there's no one to substitute me.


Everything was going well until I scrambled for the ball...someone bumped into me...and CRACK I went down on one foot. The game had to continue so the opposing team lent us a player. We lost anyway (we're the most inexperienced team ever, we've only been playing for two months while others have been playing for 4 or more years).


Then I went with my friend who was going to see a traditional Chinese doctor. She rubbed and pushed and pulled (kind of like Thai massage, but more painful because the joints are sore sore sore...)


And it costs a lot....RM200 for both feet!! Now look and feel like an invalid. Going through the same slow healing process as last time, which hadn't actually finished yet, with a new foot. Feeling guilty for playing when I should have rested but also not certain what I could have done otherwise (besides not falling) because there really was nobody else to substitute, and we can't play without enough players. Worried that ankles won't be as strong after this (although doctor lady assures me that it will, since it's addressing the root cause and not just the symptoms like Western medicine).


Now I've got a test tomorrow to study for, covering everything we've learnt so far and which I'v e not studied for at all, and two bandaged ankles.


Joy comes in the morning...with faith, I shall put my trust in His promises. Things will get better.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

somehow i feel like u are growing up... not like u are immature at all but yeah-so gratifying to see that in u

Anonymous said...

OMGoodness! take care of thy anklies banj...

Tea-puller said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Adoi... hope those ankles get up and going soon, TP. See 'Song of Solomon' 7:1