Thursday, September 23, 2010

Push, pull, wind, unwind

[Free write]
There's a tension, a balance in everything
Even this blog! I want to use this space to sort through, untangle my most inner thoughts and feelings, but I am afraid of what my readers will think
And yet, there is a motivation coming from a different part of me that just wants to be known, to be understood.

Tiredness and elation.
Just a drip of caffeine away.
Funny how something that is so simple can change my mood so dramatically
Make me instantly awake, open to possibilities and filled with the energy to take action on them
And yet leaves me feeling tired, drained, out-of-sorts, unable to focus and feeling generally unsatisfied. Centreless, that cuppa just knocked me out of my chalk-drawn circle, smudged the lines as I slid out of it and into the chaotic outside world.
I want to fall into the dark formless dreamless world of sleep, but my cares and concerns and hunger for connection won't let go easily.

I teeter on the edge of chaos, but the light over the edge is just so seductive, and if I step with the beat of my heart it looks like a dance to anyone who's watching...

No comments: