Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Beyond

I'm feeling so blessed and contented now that I'm wondering when it will stop.

Lately I've been involved a lot in church activities, seeking God, serving and stuff...learning how to worship Him. There are times when I can almost feel His presence with us. I don't know how to release completely to Him yet. I don't know where my spirit is, but wherever it is, I believe that it is growing stronger in Him. And I hope that as I spend more time in His presence and desire Him more and more, my spirit will be more attuned with His and less with the world.

There is a sceptical side to me, and it comes out sometimes when I really want to get into worship. I recall phenemenons such as mass hysteria, breakdowns or bloodlust in a heavy metal concert (I'm not against heavy metal on principle, just using it as an example), crowd mentality that can influence people and make them act in a way they usually wouldn't - the insidious prevalence of peer pressure. Could this 'spirituality' - so-called - be induced by myself?

And I need to keep telling myself, no, no. There is a path that we must walk by faith and not by sight. If this is not the ultimate truth, what is? If this cannot fully satisfy man, the presence and personal relationship with His creator, what can? An understanding and a belief that cannot be explained or dissected, only felt. Like the stirring of a breeze, a whisper in the wind - only occasionally we catch a glimpse of eternity, and fall silent at the majesty that is above all we could imagine.

But we know that beyond the veil, beyond this life, there it is. Glory and holiness that will captivate us for eternity.

Just wait, and pray, and believe.

There it is, there it is.

No comments: