Sunday, June 3, 2007

A few thought on Emo-ness. Not Elmo-ness, oh never, please!

I was just thinking of what to write here so my blog doesn't get stagnant, and thought of the word "Emo" and how broad its meaning to angsty teenagers and young adults of the net world nowadays. So I look up my trusty Google page and what do I find?

I think this writer in Wikipedia is being rather sarcastic. You judge for yourself:

"When referring to a person's personality and attitude, most definitions of emo hold that an "emo person" is candid about their emotions, sensitive, shy, introverted, glum, and often quiet." bla bla bla...

"Emo personality is also often connected with writing poetry, which addresses confusion, depression, loneliness, and anger, all resulting from the world's inability to understand the author." -Someone's a little cynical here...

"Emo poetry uses a combination of any of: a highly emotional tone, stream of consciousness writing, a simple (ABAB) or nonexistent rhyme scheme, references to the flesh, especially the heart, heavy use of dark or depressing adjectives, and concern over the mutability of time, love or both. Themes such as life is pain are common."

That was so obviously written by an anti-emo person. And now I'm about to go all emo too, because I can't find any way to get this underline thing off!

Grr!

Goodbye, now I'm going to write an searingly sarcastic and angry poem about how useless and commercial and MAINSTREAM Blogspot is. And it WILL NOT RHYME.

Rage against the machine, people!!

Signing off,
The 'Emo' Teh puller.

P/s: Seriously, I can't get this underline thing off. It's not a ploy!

No comments: